FILIGREE MASK AND FRAME
Choose a painting to frame HERE are supplies you can use: a mask - and a filigree pattern I have made. Open them all in PSP. Then duplicate the picture twice, close down the original
and minimise one of the copies.
1. Add a layer to your picture, and flood-fill it with the filigree pattern, which, if you have it open on your screen, will be right at the top of your patterns.
Settings: Angle = 0: Scale = 60
2. Go to Layers -New mask layer - from image, and choose your mask image.
Make sure these items are ticked.......
You should now have a filigree pattern around the edges of your picture
3. In the layer palette click on the mask layer and merge the Group.
4. Go to Image - Add borders and add a white border of 15 pixels
5. Select the border with the magic wand and flood fill it with a gold gradient, using these settings. Angle=135 and repeats = 5. DO NOT DESELECT yet.
6. Go to Effects - 3D effects - Inner bevel. Use the default setting, just altering the bevel to No.2 and the width to 7: Deselect (CTRL+D)
7. Go to Image - Add borders and add a white border of 50 pixels
8. Select the border with the magic wand and flood fill it with a pattern made from the second copy of the picture that should be still minimised on your screen . You'll find this up near where you found the filigree pattern. Use these settings.
Angle = 135: Scale = 30
9. Go to Adjust - Blur - Gaussian blur - setting about 12. De-select
10. Repeat steps 4, 5, 6 and 7
11. Select border with the magic wand and again flood fill with the picture pattern. Do N OT deselect.
12. Make a new layer.
13. Flood fill again with the filigree pattern. De-select and merge all layers.
14. Repeat steps 4,5 and 6 again and you're done.