Supplies needed: PhotoShop.
I'm using CS5, but it will probably work on other versions.
Tube of your choice (I tubed this lovely rose from an image I
got at morguefile.com. You may use it if you like.
1. Open a new image 500x500
transparent Put that aside, and create a new image 62x62
with the color you would like for the tile. Go to your Layer
Palette and add a Layer Style (click the one with the Fx at the
bottom of the screen) Choose bevel and emboss at default.
2. Copy your one tile, and paste it on your 500x500 blank
image. Duplicate this square four times, so that you have
five tiles. Now arrange them horizontally across your
image. Align tops of images. Merge visible. You should
3. Duplicate this strip four times and arrange them
vertically down. It should look like this
4. Copy your tube and place on your tiles. Resize if
necessary In layer palette change effect to Multiply or
any one that gives a good effect. I then went to Filter: Brush
Strokes: Ink Outlines to give it more texture. Lowered the
opacity to 50.
5. Flatten all. Crop your tile from the image.
6. Add text if you like and this is the final result: