I have used PSP X2, but this tutorial would probably work with
Supplies needed: an image, one that will "sketch" well, such as
a face. You may use the one I used, which was downloaded
from morguefile.com Click
1. Open your image and resize to a good working size.
Duplicate image in your layer palette so you now have two
images. With your copy of the image opened, go to image:
and click on greyscale. This will make both images b/w.
3. Duplicate the copy of the image. On the 2nd copy of the
image, go to Image: Negative.
4. In layer palette change Normal to Dodge. This
should make the image almost entirely white,. So don't be
alarmed when you stare at a white image. The next step
will correct it.
5. Go to Gaussian Blur and use a radius of about 12.
You may have to play with the settings to get it the way you
And you get this amazing result! I just sharpened it a
6. You may also use NIK colorizer to give it jus a tad of
Easy and such a lovely result!!
I got the idea for this when I did a PhotoShop tutorial..written
by Steve Patterson
The original link is