This is adapted from an Adobe Photoshop tutorial I found
Supplies needed along with Paint Shop Pro are
1. My gradient
2. Christmas Shapes PSD for PSP by Camxso
(Downloaded from DevianArt, a free download) You will
see all sorts of shapes for Christmas. Choose one of the
trees, and a few snowflakes. Export these to brushes.
3. You may want to add a tube or text of choice.
1. Since this is a card, it will be a large size.
Open a new transparent image sized 1280x1024
2. Open your rrsky gradient. Use Sunburst,
Angle Repeats 0, change settings for Center and Focal points,
VERTICAL only to 40..
3. Fill the image with the gradient.
4. Change gradient to linear, Angle and Repeats 0.
5. New layer. Take your pen tool, freestyle, line
0, and start left hand side about 500 on your ruler and draw
across the card making it look like a hill, be sure to drag
down the sides, back across the bottom and up to the beginning
to make sure the entire bottom area is covered. It
should look like this:
6. Convert to raster layer. Go to your
gradient, and set it at linear, Angle and Repeats at 0.
Fill your little hill. Now you have:
7. Set your foreground to 003173
8. New layer. With your brush paint a
tree. It can be anywhere for right now, and duplicate 7
times. You now have 8 trees.
9.Take one tree and place it over to the
left just below the hill. Take another tree and place it
adjacent to the first tree, resize 90%, all layers unchecked.
Now you have this
10. Now comes the fun. Change
your palette color to 1962C1. Move another tree close to
the second tree on the left. Fill with this color.
11. Move another tree next to the rest
and color with 307fe4. Things are really shaping up!
12. Move three over to the right hand
side, and fill with the same color. Resize two 90% and
13. Take you last tree and fill with
6BA0E3. Place it where you would like. The final
result now looks like:
14. Back to your pen tool again.
Draw another hill, same as before. Try to cover part of the
15. Change your palette to this
gradient and fill.
Now we are getting there!
16. One more hill...make a gradient with
white in forgeground,, background 6BA0E3. Angle and Repeats 0,
17. Make your foreground bBA0E3, open your
brush, default, at these settings
18. Lightly brush over your hills to
give them the effect of a shadow, you can just about see it
19. Choose about four different
snowflakes, and on separate layers for each, brush them in, in
various sizes. The end result should look like this.
You can paint them all over the image if desired.
20. Merge all. Add a tube or
text, you can also add a border if desired.